Fernridge Farm Cottage Bellingen
Fernridge Farm Cottage is a one hundred year old cottage, built by one of the original settler families in the Bellingen district. The cottage faces north toward the Bellinger River and the mountains of the Dorrigo escarpment, and offers absolute privacy. It was completely renovated about 20 years ago, and has been updated and upgraded in the years since. In 2010 it was featured on “Better Homes and Gardens”.
Fernridge Farm Cottage is:
- Fully self contained, with fireplace, airconditioning, and ceiling fans
- Two bedrooms, one with a queen bed and one with two singles, with electric blankets and home-grown alpaca doonas on the beds. There is a queen sized sofa bed in the living room that is very comfortable.
- Built in n a commanding position on top of a hill with absolutely stunning rural valley and mountain views
- Enveloped by wrap-around verandas, with the front deck recently doubled in size to give ample outside living space; shady in summer, sun-soaked in winter
- Surrounded by a large flat lawn, ideal for children and the young at heart
- An alpaca stud where you can see alpacas, plenty of birds and other wildlife
- A serene, quiet environment ideal for families or anyone needing time off from a busy life
- Absolutely safe for children – half a kilometre off the road and away from water sources
- Four kilometres (5 minutes’ drive) west of Bellingen along Waterfall Way, the road to Dorrigo and Armidale
- Pet friendly; we welcome your dog or cat, or in fact any animal, but please check first